The Montana Renewable Energy Association is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 2000. We are businesses, individuals, and families dedicated to expanding Montana’s use of renewable energy in order to conserve natural resources, create jobs, and increase the independence and resilience of our communities. Join us!
MREA to partner in The Montana Solar Community Project
The Montana Solar Community Project is a partnership between the Montana Energy Office at the Department of Environmental Quality and the U.S. Department of Energy’s SunShot Initiative to expand community-scale solar developments throughout Montana. As part of the project, the Energy Office will be hosting community meetings, facilitated by MREA, across the state to both inform and listen to communities about the potential for community-scale solar in Montana. Find out more, and join us on the tour!
Montana Solar Community Project Tour
- Malta – September 19th, 5:30 pm | Malta Business Center, 46 S. 1st St. E | RSVP
- Great Falls – September 20th, 6:30 pm | 525 Central Ave. (former Times Square Bldg) | RSVP
- Miles City – October 3rd, 5:30 pm | Miles Community College, 2715 Dickinson St., Rm. 317 | RSVP
- Billings – October 4th, 6:30 pm | Billings Public Library, 510 N. Broadway | RSVP
- Missoula – October 10th, 4 pm | The Public House, 130 E. Broadway St. | RSVP
- Butte – October 11th, 5:30 pm | Emma Park Neighborhood Center, 25 W. Silver St. | RSVP
- Bozeman – October 17th, 4:30 pm | Bozeman Public Library, 626 E. Main St. | RSVP
- Polson – October 18th, 5:30p | North Lake County Public Library, 2 – 1st Ave E. | RSVP
October 20-22: AERO Expo and Annual Meeting (Butte)
This year’s Expo, “Ready, Set, Lead” takes us to historic venues across Uptown Butte, Montana, to learn from one another, and the place itself, in the Copper City. Keynote speakers include Gabe Brown on “Holistic Land Management” and John Farrell on “Democratizing the Electric System,” plus special guests, workshops, panels, along with a live and silent auction, music by local Butte bluegrass band Seth Ontario and the Mounted Police, and all the resources, good times, great folks, and fun you expect from an AERO meeting! Find out more on the AERO website.
Follow MREA on Facebook